General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Chime

The reminder chime should sound like a chakra bell not a doorbell. It's nice to be reminded but not easy to stop what we are doing. A chime would be a more gentle provocation to stop and be mindful.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the input, we hope to support multiple bell types as we’ve find that people’s preferences on this vary greatly, but are not sure when we’ll be able to implement. Please keep giving feedback, and if there are any example sounds you can point us to that’d be very helpful! – Walter (ceo + cofounder)

• 10 min timed silence

Currently there is a 5 and 20 min silence. Please can you add a 10 min silence. Also maybe add 30min, 45min and 60 min silences.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope to add both a timer and other lengths of silent and guided tracks. Thanks for being specific and requesting this feature. We’ll prioritize it!

• Nightly Reflection at Night

If we open the app between, say 10pm and 2am, tapping the 'Let's Begin' button should take us through the Nightly Reflection rather than the daily practice.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea and thinking. When we have the time/resources to properly design out and implement, this is definitely the direction we’d like to go. Please continue to share your feedback on this and in other areas :-)

• Pause suggests inaccurate wording

The last piece of the pause video gives suggestions such as "generosity, kindness..ect." But the wording is such that it should be "be generous and kind".

2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the close attention to detail! We’ve added this to the list of things we’ll be addressing the next time we can thoroughly sweep through the app to make such changes. If you find more things like this, please share them with us :-)

• Customize pauses

Be able to create your own pause screens / text / videos. Great app! Vince

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • 23 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have wanted to add multi-sync but have not yet had time to deal with the complexities that offline use of the app creates relating to syncing across devices. We hope to slowly introduce this functionality as we agree it is a good feature to have that we ourselves would like to use too :-)) … in the meantime, we did add the ability to back up your account and to make a copy of it on another device (e.g., if you want to switch devices). You can find this by going to the Menu (tap 3 line icon in upper left of main page), Tapping on Help from the menu buttons, Tapping Backup Data. Then you’d need to carefully follow the directions as it is easy to override newer data with older backups if you are not careful. We hope to improve this process asap. Any feedback on this…

• Sync Lifelog stats with Insight Timer

I love the Mindfulness Daily app, but I also use Insight Timer which has some great features like a really nice programmable meditation timer, amazing bell sounds and a really fun social component that let's you see how many other people are meditating with you, and when and for how/long your friends meditated for. It also keeps some nice statistics on your meditation practice.

I wish there was a way to sync the meditation practices that we do in 'Mindfulness Daily' to our stats page in 'Insight Timer'. This way we could have a single, central location to track our…

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re fans of Insight Timer and are open to working with them when we have the resources to support a sync. We’ve also created some of the same functionality (e.g., timer) but have not launched it yet because it was not ready and as integrated with the core user experience as we’d like. Inspired to act … I just found and reached out to the founder of Insight Timer … so, we’ll see if we can make something happen sooner or later! Keep the feedback and ideas coming :-))

• Android Version

I stumbled across your app entirely by accident due to the sheer amount of other mindfulness apps you have to compete with on the App Store. I've enjoyed it enough to delay switching back to Android for almost 2 months now.

I think you should take the plunge and create an Android version. Not simply for my benefit (though I will not hide the fact that being able to finally go leave the walled garden would be nice), but because of the current state of the mindfulness section of the Play store.

Right now an Android user has 2 choices:…

9 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the incredibly thoughtful post, we too have our eye on Android but are balancing it with our extremely lean team. Thanks for delaying switching back to Android … we hope to be in a position to build and support apps for both platforms over the next few months or early 2015. Please stay in touch!

• 8 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s great feedback. We’re exploring new designs and are taking this into account. Some love it, some are stressed by it … we’ll continue to work on it till we are able to tune it for more people. So many paths inward, and it is so personal and varied in terms of preferences. Thank you for your patience and support.

• Focus on an achievement each day.

Instead of, or as well as the daily concern, I'd rather focus on something I'd done well each day not something I couldn't do. Concentrate on the positives!

17 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s great feedback and makes a lot of sense! We’re exploring more options that focus on the good and hope to get them in as soon as well can. If you have additional comments on how best you’d like to see this, please let us know as we get to implementing it :-))

• I'd like a variable time meditation alarm option

I like to meditate 10 minutes and I have to use another app for this. Thank you.

13 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Pause videos

Make the pause videos longer

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, we’re exploring a number of things for Pause, including making them longer or leading to longer ones. If you have feedback on how best you’d like to see this, please let us know :-))

• Longer pause videos!

I would like the pause videos to last 1 minute as I find the 15 seconds pauses are never long enough. Or perhaps 30 secs at least?

Thanks for the app, I love it!!

Pete :)

21 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re exploring ways to do this better, thanks for the suggestion and for any additional ideas you share on this topic … we added longer practices to the practice section and longer pauses is something else we hope to add sooner than later. Just have to figure out the best way to do it that fits into the moment, please share your thoughts to help us with it :-))

• Create one's own post video.

It would be fun to be able to create a mini slideshow or use a mini video that one has in their own collection for the pause.

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll be discussing this one in our next design meeting. We’re not sure how soon we can add this type of feature but its definitely something we’d love to add.

• Background

Make it's so that for the main screen back ground we can use our own photos.

5 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea, thanks for sharing it with us … this is something we’re playing with to see how best to do something like this, trying to insure things remain legible.

• 1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

We added registration to both set the groundwork for current and future account features and to insure we can support users to the best of our abilities. We’ll continue to explore ways we can get around requiring registration and/or be better at explaining why we require it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this, we take it very seriously.

• Quieter bell, ability to choose which pause video and more pause video options

Bell is too loud. Would like the ability to choose which pause video I wanted to see and many more options of pause videos would be helpful.

7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear you on the bell. We’ve changed and made it quieter in the latest release, but probably not enough. So please stay tuned as we’ll work on this till we get it right! Also, we added a few releases back the ability to select and unselect which pause videos you want. You can find this by a) go to the menu screen by tapping the 3 lines icon in the upper left corner of the main page, b) tap on Account, c) scroll down and tap on “Select Pause Videos”. We’re also planning to do much more with pause while keeping it simplicity. Please let us know if you have other comments to share as we continue the design process. Thank you!

• Pause - breathing too fast

I find the pause videos seem quick in terms of the breathing pattern. Does anyone else?

23 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The speed of the breathing pattern is something we continue to experiment with so that we can match it to each user’s preference and/or context. We get feedback that it is too fast, too slow and also just right. Kinda like the 3 bears! We’re aiming to be just right for each person … which means adding the ability to speed it up or slow it down based on personal preference and context. If you can tell us how fast your inhales and exhales are, that’d help! And if you think it is different given context, or goal, please include that as well. We think we have a long ways to go to add the features and content needed to really nail this as a personalize experience, and people kindly sharing their personal experience and preference with us helps us get there sooner and more attuned :-)

• Option to turn off bell

I like the audio clips but would like to change or turn off the sound of the hell and the conclusion of the clips..when I am relaxing and then hear that ding, it is kind of alarming/jolts me rather than letting me feel relaxed

29 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great feedback, we plan to refine things like bell volume, turning it on/off, etc. We totally agree and see how this is a personal preference and can be alarming or jolting for some while others it is the opposite. Thank you for the patience, we believe in a few releases we’ll be able to pause and really dig into this particular idea as well as other’s like it … please continue to give feedback so we can keep focused on what will make a true impact on people using Mindfulness Daily in their lives :-)

• 14 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve started with silent Pause videos so they can be used in just about any setting … but we’re currently exploring many different types of Pause videos for different situations … so Ambient sound for Pause videos is a great suggestion that we’re now exploring as one of the types. Please keep suggestions like this coming, especially for Pause videos! What would you like and when/how might you use it …

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base